News flash, cannabis is a cool ingredient that has a lot of flavor potential. From Pot infused Pumpkin Spiced Lattes to Ganja Butter Gnocchi these cooks go beyond the brownie to rewrite the recipe books.
Fresh Cannabis Chimichurri
Pesto provides endless opportunity to improvise as cooks can recombine any leaf, nut and cheese with a glug of EVOO and garlic. Kale, Walnuts and pecorino? Yum. Beet greens, hazelnuts and goat’s feta? Boom. Well, why not Cannabis. We puts a little extra green in our pesto using fresh leaves to elevate your next ribeye or grilled veggies.
Fresh Cannabis Chimichurri
Makes about 2 cups
• 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
• 1 teaspoon sea salt, plus more to taste
• 4 garlic cloves
• 1 small shallot, halved
• 1 red jalapeño, seeds removed
• 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley, stems removed
• 1/4 cup raw cannabis leaves, stems removed
• 2 tablespoons fresh oregano
• 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
• Juice of 1/2 lemon
1. Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
2. Salt to taste.
3. Serve on skirt steak or roast chicken!
Gnocchi in Ganja Butter
One of the world great dishes is fresh Gnocchi tossed in toasted brown butter and sage. It’s mostly do to the earthy, pungent sage balancing with the fat of the butter and cheese. Well, that’s what makes the flavor profile of cannabis a no brainer in this dish.
3 large baking potatoes
1 tablespoon plain olive oil
1 large egg, slightly beaten
1 teaspoon baking powder
3 cups of all-purpose flour (add more if needed)
salt, to taste
weed-infused butter (optional)
grated Parmesan, Asiago, or Romano cheese (optional)
1. First and foremost, always, always use baking potatoes. Leave skins on and rinse well. Boil in salted water until done. While hot, remove skins, then put potatoes through a sieve to insure no "lumps" remain (However, if you can mash them successfully without lumps—good for you!)
2. Using a large wooden spoon, combine all ingredients until fairly well mixed together. Flour a board, then mix and kneed the potato/flour mixture until it resembles bread dough. If you are uncertain as to the right of amount of flour to use for the right consistency, boil some salted water in a small pan. Roll out a portion of dough in the width and length of a cigar and cut into sizes of a small thumb (you can decide on the size of the gnocchi you want.)
3. Place a fork upside down and roll over the uncut side of a piece of dough you've cut over the fork. Some cooks just make an indentation with their thumb, but if you apply some pressure on the dough over the fork, you will end up with nice, small ridges; the idea being that they cook better with the ridges. Use a little piece of dough to roll at a time and cover the larger remaining portion to keep them from getting dry.
4. Cook one or two pieces for about 4 minutes. Remove and taste them. They should be firm but not too hard.
5. When you have finished cutting all the pieces, place them on a floured board or cookie sheet and sprinkle lightly with flour. These can be covered with a dish towel for use the same day or frozen on the cookie sheet, then placed in a plastic bag for future use. If used on the same day, you will notice that they will turn slightly grey. However, this does not alter the taste. They will turn white again when boiled.
6. If you are going to use them right away, boil some salted water in a large pot adding a tablespoon of olive oil. When they rise to the top of the water, cook for about five minutes. Gently pour into a large sieve or colander. While still in the colander, rinse gnocchi under hot water to remove the flour you topped them with. This will keep them from sticking when you add the melted butter/garlic combo or the red sauce.
Cannabis-infused Salted Coconut Caramels
Cannabis helps cut the rich caramels and add a new dimension.A flavor profile beyond explanation
Triple Infused Pot Pumpkin Pie
Look no further than this slice of pie as a whole world high resides in just a bite. go on and bake it, by the end of it you would be the baked one.
On a floured board, roll out the dough to about 12 inches. Place the crust in a buttered pie pan; flute the edges (or not) and place in the fridge while you prepare the filling.
Preheat oven to 340F.
In a large bowl, combine all the filling ingredients and beat until thoroughly combined. Pour into the chilled pie shell and bake until the filling is set, 45-50 minutes.
Marijuana Pumpkin Spice Latte
The pumpkin spiced latte might have been in trend for a while, but here is a new take on it. its infusion is surely going to leave you craving more..
2 tablespoons canned pumpkin
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice plus more to garnish
1/4 gram decarboxylated kief or finely ground decarboxylated hash
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 cups whole milk
1/2 cup brewed espresso or strong coffee
1/4 cup heavy cream whipped until firm peaks form (or use canned whipped topping)
In a small saucepan mix together the pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice and dry ice kief. Cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat, for about 30 seconds. Stir in the sugar and cook for another 30 seconds. Whisk in the milk and vanilla extract. Continue to cook, stirring, until mixture is very hot, but do not boil.
To mix you can use a hand whisk, an immersion blender, or transfer contents to a blender. Blend until well mixed and frothy.
Divide hot espresso between two mugs. Top each mug with half the pumpkin mixture. Top with whipped cream. If you like garnish the cream with a light sprinkling of pumpkin pie spice or ground nutmeg. Serve immediately.
I would generally advice you to smoke responsibly, but in this case consume responsibly and stay safe. Get ready for the trip of your life.
Comments will be approved before showing up.